Re: bigger than themselves

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/21/1998; 6:15:04 AM
Topic:Cardboard Cutout People

>>The better polls I've seen say that over 60 percent the college-educated, voting public wants him gone. Personally, I'd rather see him resign than go through this impeachment ordeal, but hey, Clinton's not listening to anybody, especially me.

First, if you see such a poll, please please post a pointer here. I believe that the only opinion polls that matter are ones that are restricted to people who vote.

Re your other point about Clinton not listening, I believe that too. He has had a chance to become a truly great leader, any time in 1998. He had everyone's attention. If he had made a generous gesture to the Republicans, he would have undermined their zealots, and would have gotten the mandate he needs to create a historic presidency, and would have avoided impeachment. Just my opinion.

Dave