Brent's Screenshot-Scripting Windows

Author:Alan German
Posted:12/21/1998; 7:27:24 AM
Topic:Brent's Screenshot-Scripting Windows

A short while ago, Dave was soliciting comments for Microsoft on how to help scripters. Well, look at Brent's screenshot and you'll see one of my major aggravations with scripting on Windows -- two scripting languages. I would just as soon sit in the Frontier IDE and control the world, much as I do now on the Mac [except when scripting Microsoft applications ;-)]

Frontier on the Mac speaks directly to the OS through the native scripting API (Apple Events). Microsoft could help me by helping UserLand achieve the same result in Windows, using only Usertalk.