Re: Brent's Screenshot-Scripting Windows

Author:Alan German
Posted:12/21/1998; 7:48:17 AM
Topic:Brent's Screenshot-Scripting Windows

Yes, it's not Micosoft's concern how you hook up to COM. But they can make it easier for you, or they can make it harder. ;-)

Glue scripts are fine, I don't care. It's the end result I'm after. I agree that the platform shifts under your feet. Maybe less on MacOS than Windows; maybe that's how you got away with the direct hooks to Apple Events for as long as you have.

I'm just hoping the hooks, whatever they are, are "invisible" enough that cross-platform Usertalk scripts in the future look and behave pretty much like they do today.

I think we probably share that same "vision."