Re: People With Minds

Author:Eric Kidd
Posted:12/22/1998; 12:02:15 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

Ouch. That hurts.

You're right--the whole National Security Council business, Iran/Contra, and all that other scary gamesmanship was a lot more appalling than anything Clinton has done. The Republicans in the executive branch broke the law, disobeyed Congress, dealt with terrorists, lied about it, and then tried to destroy the evidence.

They were caught by their e-mail system, among other things. If you've never read any government documents released under the Freedom of Information Act, I recommend you do so. Our government is not very nice, whether the subject is killing people in the Middle East or trying to wiretap the world.

The revelation earlier in this thread about Henry Hyde claiming that it was OK to lie when fighting communism was just a bit scary. What other immoral things is it OK to do if you ends are sufficiently important? Can we trust him now, during this whole impeachment process?