Re: People With Minds

Author:Phil Wolff
Posted:12/22/1998; 6:42:14 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

Sleep is a good thing. I'm so far behind. I started up this morning about 4:30. Schedule for 4 tomorrow to make a flight.

The wretched thing about the holidays (OK, one of them) is being offline for 4 or 5 days. None of my news feeds. None of my regular haunts. Someone asks me something and I reach for AskJeeves or Excite or my bookmarks and they're back at hoome. The tools are missing. I feel less informed, less capable. How sad. I wonder how long it takes for that twitch response to die down? It's been years since I've spent more than ten days serously offline. I mean I can check in at bars, friends' homes and offices. Next year I'll get the PalmPilot 5 and take the Net with me everywhere.

I Must need sleep if I'm writing about stuff like this.

Stay warm. Pleasant dreams. Code complete.

- Phil