Re: Writing on a palmtop?

Author:Jim Roepcke
Posted:1/4/1999; 11:59:18 AM
Topic:Scripting News for PalmPilot users

Does the Palm still use the Grafitti glyph system for character input?

That's the one reason I upgraded from a Newton MP 100 to a Newton MP 2000 instead of to a PalmPilot.

I can write up a storm on my Newton, with it's big backlit screen and natural handwriting recognition -- my friends with PalmPilots mostly use it as a passive organizer and something to read with... not a creative tool -- because of the dinky screen and glyph system -- but I understand they're probably not the average PalmPilot user.