[ANN] Public beta of TidyHTML filter available

Author:Terry Teague
Posted:1/19/1999; 1:23:05 PM
Topic:[ANN] Public beta of TidyHTML filter available

Dear Folks,

I am pleased to announce the latest public beta of my TidyHTML filter for FilterTop. This filter checks and corrects HTML and XML source, based on freely available source ("tidy") for other platforms, from Dave Raggett.

There are 2 separate packages available - a FilterTop filter, and a standalone command-line interface version (which can be used to verify the FilterTop filter operation, and comes with the original source, slightly modified for Mac OS).

You can get the files from the following locations :

<ftp://ftp.topsoft.org/Visitors/FilterTop/Filter.stuff/> <http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1057/tidy.html>

i.e.

<ftp://ftp.topsoft.org/Visitors/FilterTop/Filter.stuff/TidyHTML_1.0b3.sit.hqx> <ftp://ftp.topsoft.org/Visitors/FilterTop/Filter.stuff/Tidy_MacOS_1.0_22jan99.sit.hqx>

The packages contain revelant release notes, and how to get more information on the original "tidy" source.

While FilterTop v1.0 doesn't support scriptability, FilterTop v1.1, currently in Alpha test, does support limited scripting and MenuSharing, and a Frontier glue file is provided.

Enjoy...

Regards, Terry [I last updated this msg 27 Jan 99 for the latest beta]