Re: Giving Netscape a try

Author:Chris Janton
Posted:2/19/1999; 7:48:00 PM
Topic:Giving Netscape a try

In the Mac version of 4.5

To shrink the Back/Forward etc. buttons - Edit preferences - The pane has a section called "Show Toolbar As" - select "Text Only"

To lose the bookmarks (do you mean the Favorites bar?) one can shift-click on the left side of the bar and get it pretty small. Pardon me, no shift required. Just click on the little triangle. If you leave the mouse on a collapsed triangle the name of the "part" will eventually be displayed.

To turn off "What's Related" - Edit preferences - Under Navigator - Under "Smart Browsing" turn off smart browsing.

I hope the Windows versions aren't too far off from this...

Gee! Thanks! Now I have "tons" more room on my viewing screen with fewer distractions.