Re: Macs in Content Management?

Author:Mike Rogers
Posted:2/22/1999; 11:45:46 AM
Topic:Macs in Content Management?

While I was working for Yoyodyne (now part of Yahoo!) as webmaster, I used Frontier extensively as a content management system

We had one major system built to manage content for a promotion called EZVenture (www.ezventure.com). Content was delivered via FTP to the Frontier server (we had an entire 128Mb box dedicated to running Frontier), and Frontier watched a group of folders.

The system was built generically to work with a root.user. table and a standard website table. The system could have managed many sites at once.

We used .wsf's and built a web based editing/publishing interface for producers to look at and produce files to be delivered to the live site. It worked beutifully. Things could have been even more streamlined, but alas time ran out when the company was acquired and moved.

Mike

PS- we also had a report management system built using the website framework (not wsf, just the stock system) and ODBC. Which built regular reports off of our running databases for clients to review their statistics.