Re: domains vs doctree in mainresponder

Author:Christopher Short
Posted:2/24/1999; 2:35:54 PM
Topic:domains vs doctree in mainresponder

The only gotcha is that the GDB holding the website must be open - mainresponder won't open it for you in this case.

Even that's not a gotcha. You can point to a table in scratchpad if you want.

Pardon my ambiguity....I meant the GDB containing the website - as the GDB that has to be open. If it wasn't, although your "doctree" pointed to the GDB, Nirvana won't open the GDB and an error is sent back to the client.

I recall a reference about Nirvana not requiring the website in a GDB to be open - that it would take care of it - but I can't find the reference, and I can't get that behaviour to work.

Christopher