What a home page should say

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:2/24/1999; 3:23:06 PM
Topic:What a home page should say

This morning I met with my friend Bernie De Koven, I showed him some of our new web gadgets, and we talked about a site he is building and one that I am building.

At one point in the conversation I whipped out my outliner and made a list of three things I think every home page should cover as quickly and succinctly as it possibly can. This is what I typed into my outliner, customized for Bernie's site, combined with my vision for it..

That's it, nothing profound, but I wanted to make a record of this so I can refer to it as I work on *my* site.