Re: Internationalization

Author:Lixian B. Chiu
Posted:2/25/1999; 6:09:20 PM
Topic:Not on a sunday

If your "other" languages are Asian languages like Chinese or Japanese, you are in an even worse situation. The built-in search engine totally failed in this area. The main problem is because there is no delimiter (a space in English) in these languages, so the search engine cannot even index a "word" (it took me many days to figure out a way to workaround it). I am just afraid that when going forward, as Userland develops more and more goodies into Frontier, yet having a non-international friendly foundation, it will make internationalization more difficult.

L.L.