Re: Technography, Knowledge Management and Frontier

Author:ghanek@cs.indiana.edu
Posted:2/26/1999; 4:29:58 PM
Topic:Technography, Knowledge Management and Frontier

Veering slightly from Bernie's original request, but on the related topic of recording info of how a meeting progresses... I just saw a PR announcement about a new product called Meeting Maestro, which proports to help measure objectively a variety of the things which also affect a meeting.

The company's homepage is at http://www.su5.com/

I'm NOT advocating the product, but simply trying to point out other areas that affect meeting flow. I think their suggestion of having a meeting monitor recording this kind of data, while Bernie's technographer keeps the agenda moving forward could be interesting.

Downside --> more bodies in the meeting room. Upside --> more data about the meeting

Their list of meeting items begins to get at some of those issues that have been discussed in this thread; for instance, how did the group arrive at a decision, and that consensus thingy. ;-)