Re: Technography, Knowledge Management and Frontier

Author:Bernie DeKoven
Posted:2/26/1999; 4:22:10 PM
Topic:Technography, Knowledge Management and Frontier

The goal here is to somehow re-integrate the material that was produced by individual discussants into a consensually-driven document. Each item contributed by a discussant needs to be read by all the participants. And each discussant needs to agree about where and how that contribution is to be integrated into the whole. Though I agree that the Quaker process is both powerful and useful in this context, I need to understand how, without additional time and tedium, this method will lead to the objective.

For example, imagine we are working on a strategic plan. We've met and come up with what we all agree are the major objectives of the plan. Let's say there are twenty of us. And over the next two weeks, until we have time to meet again, we each, via discussion group, add to the plan. The hope is that on the next meeting we can begin with a revised plan that we have all read and agreed to.

What do you think? Can the Quaker process be applied here effectively and efficiently? Can you tell us how?