Re: Video Weblogs

Author:Marc Canter
Posted:3/4/1999; 8:30:28 AM
Topic:Snappy!

Dude, There's nothing magical or mysterious about some Trinity blah blah blah.

1. First you need to encode video - off the shelf

2. Then you need to store it - ever heard of a hard drive before?

3. Then you need to have a Content Mngt system to store all the various versions of teh video - so that you can serve up a 'scalable' site - different strokes for different folks.

4. There are some 'real-time' features that they talk about - and I'm sure you know about streaming servers - and what it takes to multi-cast or otherwise get that video out there.

All off the shelf knowledge. Trinity is as much a system integrator than anything else.

Yah sure they calim they have custom this, and special that - but I've hired marketing people before - and I can read between the lines. They're an integrator.

So go for it! I'd like reports from the Frat parties on campus please - especially of 'who's sleeping with who'?