Re: Linux programming manuals

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:3/5/1999; 3:26:47 PM
Topic:DHTML MTTF!

Motif, heh. I'd say Motif's future is more uncertain because if you tried to sell me a Motif app I'd just laugh at you. You couldn't pay me to use a Motif app (because they're so ugly and clunky).

That's why I was advocating the elimination of X 2 years ago; sure you'd lose all the X apps, but that's no real loss. Now that we have Gtk+ and Qt I'm not advocating the total destruction of X, but merely of all the other toolkits...