scriptingNews outline for 3/6/99

Author:Dave Winer

Kurt Granroth suggests a codename for Frontier 7.

I've wanted this forever, a simple fast Who Is page for Frontier 6.

I just added a cute little feature that actually will be very helpful to people deploying Frontier 6. The Who Is script now remembers the last string you entered in the text box. It was two lines of code, one to get the remembered value, and one to set it. It works for every person who is a logged-on member of the DG. This is why F6 is so powerful. The website framework can now hook you into persistent memory for every user. Hahaahaa!

And then I made it more complicated. Now it keeps a history of all the domain names you've checked, indicating whether they are taken or not. A feature I didn't know I needed until I had the site up and running.

Using my new tool, I found the perfect domain name for it, but (arrrgh!) it's taken.

Next step is to integrate it with my control panel.