Re: Linux and winning

Author:Pedro Ivo Andrade Tavares

I understand that the gap between Linux and Windows/MacOS is huge : the UI APIs are missing. I wonder if anyone in the Linux community is working on this (I am Linux blind... :)) ? A red or blue box would help Linux alot getting on the desktops.

Well, Corel is helping the Wine folks in developing WineLib.

The principle behind WINE (Wine Is Not An Emulator) is that it loads an Windows executable, and runs it with libraries native to Linux. So, if you take a Windows program and link it to WineLib, everything should be hunky dory.

I would rather prefer to see a real port, instead of this kind of semiport. However, it's the way Corel chose to build they WordPerfect Suite (can't wait for Quattro Pro).

P.S.: Hey Dave, how about building a preview into this interface?