Re: serving pieces of applications?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:3/7/1999; 4:00:44 AM
Topic:serving pieces of applications?

We do it! Frontier is just like that. And of course we do it with XML-RPC.

In the Main menu, there's a command called Update. Choose it. Your copy of Frontier sends an XML-RPC message to our copy, along with a date. And we send back all the bits that have changed since then. That was in 5.1. It works. Now in 6.0 we're delivering that ability to our users. Each database is subscribable.

I really have to finally write the overview for 6.0 so I can point you to it. ;->