Re: Junk in URLs and link-rot

Author:Jorn Barger
Posted:3/9/1999; 8:19:20 PM
Topic:Unique vs. Generic URLs

BTW, do you know who coined the term "weblog"? I was working on some docs this morning, and I realized I have no idea where this term came from, it appears to have popped up out of thin air one day.

When I first got my Frontier newspage running, I had to think up a name, and at that time it wasn't at all a "news page", so I called it a web log. (I was intending to log my surfing discoveries, but I hadn't even scratched the surface of news sites, back then.)