Netscape's Channels

Author:cameron@camworld.com
Posted:3/15/1999; 10:16:48 AM
Topic:Netscape's Channels

I found Netscape's channel-creation process incredibly easy. For a fairly non-technical user like myself who does not want to mess around with XML or XML-compatible apps like Frontier, Netscape's process is a godsend.

In less than half an hour, I had my channel set up and Netscape's servers are reading it just fine.

My only disappointment with Netscape's format is it doesn't allow the channel owner to do any type of design. I'm hoping they realize this and allow the channel owners to use different table background colors, font and color specifications, etc.

I don't know what Dave and gang have in store for their weblogs.com, but I'm sure it will be as good as what Netscape is doing with their channels. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Cameron Barrett

http://www.camworld.com