Re: Moving Frontier 6 to another hard drive

Author:Lixian B. Chiu
Posted:3/20/1999; 11:19:32 AM
Topic:News Sites in Frontier 6

What is a root-based url?

Actually, I don't know what is the formal name of it, but whenever I talked to other web people, they know what I meant.

When I said "root-based url", I meant a url specifying from the root down to the file, w/o the domain name. So,

http://discuss.userland.com/htmlInterfaces/discussionGroup/msgReader$

will become

/htmlInterfaces/discussionGroup/msgReader$

As far as I know, it wouldn't make any difference as long as the url come from the same domain.

Also, could you visit the Who Are You? page and fill in your name. It would make your messages friendlier and more personal.

Done.