Online Free TV Listing Database

Author:John Tokash
Posted:3/29/1999; 3:22:36 PM
Topic:Online Free TV Listing Database

Is there a free, online, database of Cable System -to- Channel Listings -to- Show Schedule -to- Show Summary database out there? Television stations have to register this information somewhere! Where does the Merc get the info for their TV guide? Where does TV Guide get it? The Chronicle? The Preview Channel? ARGH! I'd love to see a web site with no ads that lays out the TV lineup exactly the way I want it with exactly the channels I have access to. I've been dissapointed with every online tv guide tool I've seen.

Anyway, if I had access to such a database, I'd be able to put together a tool that is as simple as I want and would work well as a tvguide for AvantGo on my pilot.

Any thoughts?