scriptingNews outline for 4/1/99

Author:Dave Winer

Macworld: Presenting with HTML. They should read Scripting News. We've been doing this for a long time! Frontier is a much better tool for HTML presentations, because it's built around an outliner, and outliners are central to easy presentation authoring.

Samples: Slideshow Websites. I wrote the scripts for you!

Here's a slideshow I did on 1/27/98. Here's another one, from February of this year. The DaveNet Reader Profiles site is a slide show.

Jessica Graves of Macworld asks me to point out that it's the *print* version of Macworld that should get a clue. The online version of Macworld is a Frontier site, so I guess they Get It.

Rebol 2.0 is coming soon, the beta is out, and it's sporting many new features.

In response to Bernie's online outlining writeup, I published the source code I used in the experiment. An interesting discussion started, leading to a frames-based way of flicker-free updating from the technographer workstation to the screens of each of the participants. Now I'm about to go on vacation (starts Tuesday!) and I am turning the code over to the discussion participants. This is fertile territory. Let a thousand flowers bloom.

Tomalak: Amazon holds a silent auction on user experience.

Builder.com: Vote for the Web Innovators. I am nominated twice. Thanks!

News.com: Inprise CEO resigns. The CORBA strategy didn't work?

News.com: Microsoft database to support XML. Bosworth joins the SQL group.

Wired attends Guy Kawasaki's $495 entrepreneurs conference.

Stratfor.com is covering the crisis in Kosovo.

Happy April Fools Day! I'll try not to zonk you too bad.