Re: An Experiment in On-Line Outlining

Author:Lixian B. Chiu
Posted:4/1/1999; 5:45:03 AM
Topic:An Experiment in On-Line Outlining

Theorectically, you can make a Frontier "server" & "client" on both side, that watches what has been changed on the outline. For example, if the is typed on your side, your Frontier "client" will send the other person's Frontier "server" a signal and then Frontier will tell the browser to refresh.

I don't know how possible it is, but even if it's doable, I wouldn't recommend to go that route, since it eliminates people who don't have Frontier to participate (although if it's in XML-RPC, then any scripting system that supports XML-RPC and can script the browsers would be able to use it as well).