Ideas for our MY.UserLand.com

Author:Paul Hardwick
Posted:5/4/1999; 5:03:23 PM
Topic:Ideas for our MY.UserLand.com

Even if I only run Frontier to generate static pages and not in server mode I thought I'd add a suggestion (or two) for the next version of the my.userland.com software.

1-How about the ability to control the order of the display for the news sources. I'd like to at least be able to push specific sites toward the top or bottom depending on MY priority.

2-Allow user/creator to set a max line count for display or maybe max the display a scrolling text box if more than a max number of lines. Sometimes one or two sites can have a LOT of activity and take over the page.

This can first be set as a global for ALL news sources, then by the sites creator, and finally by the ind user.

3-If the user has more than X(can be set globally or by user) news sites being displayed, an index/jump-table can be created at the top of the page to go directly to a sites summary.

I assume that others have some ideas also. Lets throw them in the ring and see which ones inspire folks enough to make it into a future version. :-)

==Paul

PS. Created with Frontier, of course.

HyperArchive.Com. ShortCut to the "MIT" HyperArchive for Info-Mac software.

I don't know about you, but I can never remember the official name ( http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive.html ). To many letters, and it also has manditory upper and lower case. With the default expansion options with the newer browsers all you really have to type now is 'HyperArchive.' There is no charge to this service, except for a request that you perform a "Random Act of Kindness" when appropriate.