Re: Hint to Apple

Author:Adam Trachtenberg
Posted:5/15/1999; 12:47:06 PM
Topic:Hint to Apple

You know, I've heard that on multiple occasions. And I'm sure it's true. OTOH, we've had no problems with the TCP/IP stack in any of our Linux boxes and I really don't think it's the limiting factor in any of our servers.

After all, a 486 serving static content can saturate a T1 line, so unless you're running super-high bandwidth applications, I can't believe it's that big of an issue. Usually, we need to add additional DB servers for the extra RAM and CPUs more than anything else. Clearly, the BSD stack must kick serious ass, but I can't believe the Linux one is too shabby.