Re: Scripting News XML DTD/Parsing Issues

Author:Lixian B. Chiu
Posted:5/18/1999; 10:53:33 AM
Topic:Scripting News XML DTD/Parsing Issues

I believe the browser will just display the CDATA as a literal string, otherwise, that can consider as a bug (I guess). On the other hand, since the text will go thru the XSL processor, I am not sure if you can build any logic to process the CDATA w/ XSL (I don't know much about XSL). Also, will the browser falls back to HTML mode when it encounter the CDATA? If it does, then CDATA should work fine for us.

I am not against the other solutions, but there doesn't seem to be a perfect solution to this problem.