Re: Help with 4.2 Migration and News Sites

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/19/1999; 2:46:31 PM
Topic:Help with 4.2 Migration and News Sites

Will I have to change any of the Frontier-specific macros/mark-up in my 4.2 pages for use in the new 6.0 framework? (i.e., can I just copy the tables over from my old root file to my new web site?)

That's how you should start. And render the pages, look for macro errors, and iterate until your pages build without errors.

There's a lot of information on migrating from 4 to 5 on the Frontier site.

Re your #2, Andre will help you with that. If you could say where you hit errors that would be helpful. And there are a bunch of other people who have gotten it working, I think, I hope they chime in and help you out.

It's great that you've decided to get back in the loop. I think you'll like what you see. There's been a lot of improvement since 4.2.