Re: Things we learned from BucksWoodside.Com

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/21/1999; 10:08:38 AM
Topic:Things we learned from BucksWoodside.Com

Of course, this UI becomes stressed when the user wants to add a page to the structure...

I don't see why. Look at the Stories page on the Buck's site.

The structure is flat. It goes into a list of stories. It's up to the editor of the site to figure out when it appears on the home page.

Look at CNN.Com, or MSNBC.Com, or News.com, or whatever. This is the uniform structure.

Going back a few months, there are three angles that define the structure of a site:

  1. Time

  3. Hierarchy

It's not up to the writer to determine the placement in the Hiearcchy. It's automatically added to the search engine, no matter where it's located, and it's automatically added to the calendar.

All the writer should care about is the title and then what the article says.