scriptingNews outline for 5/25/99

Author:Dave Winer

Salon: Stalking the Wild Fry's Salesperson. 'In the unlikely event they were caught, they behaved like prisoners of war, meeting customer's interrogations with elaborate obfuscation, misdirection, hedging or outright lies. But by far the most common response was "Sorry, this is my first day."'

Ken Sall: WWWhat happened at WWW8?

Dan Gillmor: Slashdot Almost Addictive.

eBay: "I want to open a scuba shop in the Keys. I'm selling my house, quitting my job, and may not own a computer again. I will, of course, be available for transition, info, and advice for a few months."

Paul Everitt: Funding the Perfect Beast.

News.com: Deep GeoCities cuts to follow Yahoo merger.

Macromedia announces Free Flash Player Source.

InfoWorld: Microsoft Pitches Visual Basic. "As developers move away from building traditional two-tier programs and begin focusing on distributed, n-tier Web applications, Microsoft wants to make sure that its popular Visual Basic development tool is not left behind."