Re: Main Responder Config Question

Author:André Radke
Posted:5/25/1999; 3:46:32 PM
Topic:Main Responder Config Question

I have gone into user.webserver.responders.default.data.docTree.ccsesa and entered the address: @["WebServer2:WebSTAR:Frontier 6.0:Guest Databases:www:ccsesa.root"].ccsesa, and this does serve my page out of the guest database with the address: www.myserver.com:81/ccesa/

Have I done this correctly, I mean amd I using the main responder the way it was intended?

I am afraid not. If you had mainResponder installed, I don't think you would still have a user.webserver.responders.default.data.docTree table.

Here's something to check -- user.webserver.responders.default.methods.any should be a script looking as follows:

on any (adrParamTable) {
	return (mainResponder.respond (adrParamTable))}

If it looks different on your machine, you probably haven't run the mainResponder install script. Check the ReadMe.html file in your Frontier 6.0 folder for instructions on installing mainResponder -- look for the Guest Databases Folder heading. Is that it?