Why I Care

Author:Chris Grayson
Posted:6/1/1999; 1:16:11 PM
Topic:Scripting News Bulletins via Email

Well, for one I thought it would be courteous to keep your membership database tidy. Guess you don't care about that!

Secondly, I thought the Scripting News site and features like "bulletins via email" were intended to showcase Frontier (e.g., F6's membership services). As such, I was simply curious about how it worked.

It's common knowledge that people's e-mail IDs are far from permanent. I'd say that your membership scheme keying off that, and not making that fact transparent (hint: add & delete) is a little kludgey. Guess I was looking for something like the following: "no you can't change e-mail ID; we never thought of that!" or "we know you should be able to but we're working on other stuff right now" or "we figured we'd leave fleshing that out to someone else" or whatever. (What I wasn't looking for was curt responses like "No. Why do you care?") :-(

Chris