Re: Why I Care

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/1/1999; 1:26:49 PM
Topic:Scripting News Bulletins via Email

Well, if you look at other services, this is the way they work. We leave little bits of cruft in the membership database and don't worry about it. Someday we'll write a script that sweeps thru the database and removes all the accounts that haven't been accessed in a certain period of time. That's how your old membership table will be deleted. Any other approach would require us to allow you delete a membership table and we'd rather not do that.