Re: Why I Care

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/1/1999; 1:34:23 PM
Topic:Scripting News Bulletins via Email

Well Chris, this raises a good question at a good time.

We're going to transition this DG away from answering questions for paying customers, so there can't be misunderstandings like this.

discuss.userland.com is a free service. As such, we run these servers according to standards we set, and if you don't like it, you can opt-out easily.

We will offer a DG for registered Frontier users, and there you can be expected to be treated like a paying customer.

There is another important reason for this, that was recently pointed out to me. Support is something we provide to paying Frontier customers, and people have been asking for support here for products that they didn't pay for. By having a separation, everything will be clearer.

In any case, it wasn't clear that you were asking the question as a paying customer. I thought it was about keeping our membership database clean, which bluntly and honestly, is way below my radar right now. I couldn't think of anything I'd rather discuss less than this, and frankly I still don't get why you're making it such a large issue.