http://slashdot.org/slashdot.xml

Author:Tim Danner
Posted:6/3/1999; 1:49:19 PM
Topic:http://slashdot.org/slashdot.xml

http://slashdot.org/slashdot.xml

CmdrTaco has posted his .plan at http://slashdot.org/plan, and one of the top items is "make slashdot.xml really xml compliant". I'm no XML guru, but I don't see anything glaringly wrong with it. Of course, there's no DTD either.

I have parsed ultramode.txt in perl - not hard at all, but XML is definitely more general. RSS would be better still, but I see this as a good thing. No move toward syndication of the content of the stories though - still just headlines.

Tim