mainResponder.search.server.buildHtml

Author:Thomas A. Creedon
Posted:7/3/1999; 5:21:09 PM
Topic:mainResponder.search.server.buildHtml

Hey all,

I was using the SearchEngine today in a site of mine and found some result entries that had blanks in it. Check out this image to see what I mean. image removed by author.

After a little digging. I found that the missing bits are because the pageInfo items stored in Index.root have title entries that are empty strings (string [0]). These are pages indexed in my SE from outside my site. So obviously I can't do anything about the pages with no titles in them.

It would be great if buildHtml would put something in place of empty page titles in the result pages. Perhaps, if the title is blank, the URL could substituted. Or some explanatory text such as "page had no title".

Thanks,

Toodle-looooooo.........
Thomas