Which happens first: preFilter or domain redirection?

Author:erik
Posted:7/13/1999; 9:54:12 AM
Topic:Which happens first: preFilter or domain redirection?

The combination of both seems not to be working. I have a prefilter which I copied from Dave's example from last Oct/Nov (a fat page). It does a redirect of "/" to "/custom/"

I also have a site table with addresses to redirect short URLs like "custom" to the actual location. In this case "custom" is redirected to @["D:\\Scripting\\Frontier 6.0\\Guest Databases\\www\\myInline.root"].myinline.custom

and now when I enter the "/" URL, it changes the URL in the browser URL field to "/myInline/myinline/custom/" and that gives an error message saying Sorry! There was an error: Can't process the request because there is no object named "myinline"

It seems like the "/" is getting redirected before entering the redirector preFilter.

What could redirect a URL before the preFilter? Yes, I have a default.html in the www folder but I changed it to meta refresh redirect to "/custom", and I thought since I changed config.mainResponder.domains.default to point to a table, it would no longer look in www for files. I can see one problem is that I was trying so hard to get this working and move on that I tried many different things in many places around Frontier, and now some of those things are still present.