Re: Getting Stock XML - Legal?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:7/26/1999; 8:50:10 AM
Topic:Finding/getting XML content

It's just a demo. I'd like to find out what it costs to get into the flow legally. Maybe UserLand will host an XML-based stock feed as a community service. I've been thinking about this. We could put an section in any XML we serve, and if you're playing by the rules, you would include the ad (it would be brief, and link back to our site) in whatever rendering you do, and that would be our business model. Based on the honor system (which the web is based on anyway, as evidenced by the I3 Solutions app, no honorable webmaster would build an app when their page has such a big disclaimer).