Re: Getting Stock XML - Legal?

Author:James Carlyle
Posted:7/26/1999; 9:11:24 AM
Topic:Finding/getting XML content

Dave

With respect, I don't think that this will work. It's going to be so easy to remove offending ads and not pass on the advertising revenue opportunity to the XML content provider, that even if you include the ads at your stage of dissemination there is a good chance that the next guy down the line (and everyone thereafter) won't. It'll be like Chinese Whispers.

I prefer the way that Moreover and RSSMaker work - their links are set up to benefit the original content provider (links in RssMaker content point directly to the BBC etc.), or the news aggregator (links in Moreover news go via Moreover so they know how much traffic they are driving to the content provider).