Re: Dave Polaschek's Problem

Author:Thomas A. Creedon
Posted:7/26/1999; 11:41:15 AM
Topic:Dave Polaschek's Problem

Hmm.. so it sounds as though some cookies are working for you now but Userland cookies aren't?

I'd probably quit Netscape. Find the MagicCookie file. Edit it with BBEdit or similar text editor that can handle large text files. If you do use Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, etc. Make sure the file is saved as a text file when you are done.

Look for lines that contain ".userland.com" and delete those lines. I like to use BBEdit for this because I don't have to worry about soft line wrapping the other editors may introduce. Save file. Quit text editor. Launch Netscape and see what happens at UserLand's sites.

I've sent a copy of this off to davep@best.com.

Toodle-looooooooo..........
Thomas