Re: Letter to the Editor of Wired

Author:Paul L. Bruno
Posted:7/29/1999; 7:41:11 AM
Topic:Letter to the Editor of Wired

I read that Dvorak piece and I agree with Jacob, Dvorak was just starting a debate. He was being outrageous, cantankerous, and contrary as usual; he refuses to swoon over the design just because it was different, and questions whether it will have a market. Those are valid points raised in an entertaining fashion.

At the same time, he was pushing everybody's PC button (as in political correctness) -- I find it funny and sad that so many people instantly assume he's being sincere, and react by stereotyping him in return.

Bottom line, Dvorak did a great job in creating page impressions for ZD Net.

P.S. (added 11:30 EST) How many so-called pundits predicted the iMac would ever amount to much? Jobs and Apple have re-earned my respect. I'm considering an affair with a tangerine iBook and AirPort; don't tell my magnesium cased, ultra-thin 3lb Toshiba Portege. My guess is it'll take three months for a wintel iBook ripoff to show up.