Re: Microsoft submits buddy-list spec

Author:David Valentine
Posted:7/30/1999; 11:11:09 AM
Topic:Re: Microsoft submits buddy-list spec

So let's get this, we submitted a spec in 1997, and our software released 18 months later does not support it. And we submitted a spec on Instant Messaging, but our software does not support it.

Now MS gets money no matter if the user uses MSN Mess or AOL IM, as long as the user uses MS OS. AOL needs a new marketing department, seems like MS's marketing is now turned to open standards vaporware instead of MS vaporware.

Don't look at the man behind the curtain.