Re: Dave, address the control issue at that forum.

Author:Matt Daw
Posted:8/3/1999; 10:37:53 AM
Topic:Microsoft response to Instant Messaging

Why would anyone who knows this use or produce closed source software?

Imagine yourself running a small software company like Userland. You have to ask: will the benefits of outside contrubution equal or surpass the loss of resources my company endures managing and supporting a wide-open build environment?

The answer to this question would determine for me whether I'd go the open-source or closed-source way.

Matt