Frontier v6 crashes on NTsp4 & 5 -- ideas?

Author:erik
Posted:8/3/1999; 10:19:31 AM
Topic:Frontier v6 crashes on NTsp4 & 5 -- ideas?

My personalized portal application is not very impressive when Frontier dies once every 1-4 days. This happens more often on the main server (dual Pentium machine with 256MB RAM) than on my development machine (single processor Xeon Pentium III with 256MB RAM). I have the feeling but not the scientific data that crashes increased in frequency after I changed my news troll to use multi-threading and spawn a number of threads every hour (no more than 15 at one time tho). I'm looking for ideas on how I could make changes to reduce the probability of crashes. I was reading in here that saving your GDB often can help reduce problems when using large tables. Any other things I could try to reduce the frequency of crashes? Should I aim to keep the size of my GDB's under some size--say 25MB? My project, and using Frontier as a web framework platform seems less credible with every crash. I appreciate any suggestions people may have.

erik goetze