showserverstats(): what's 'handles allocated' mean?

Author:erik
Posted:8/4/1999; 10:18:02 AM
Topic:showserverstats(): what's 'handles allocated' mean?

Well that command produces an intriguing display. When my news poll scripts run, the number of handles allocated spins up to 160,000 from about 66,000 at rest. The value never seems to decrease. Even after all the threads go away, the handles allocated remained at 160,000. What does this number represent on Windows NT (I see it is not shown on the Mac)? Does the 'handles allocated' number tell me anything about my problem with Frontier crashing every few days? After about 12 hours of operation, it has now risen to 373,000.

erik