envisoning mainResponder

Author:Ken Hall
Posted:8/12/1999; 11:02:05 AM
Topic:envisoning mainResponder

While perusing New Archives for July 99 I came across a reference to a diagram by James Spahr that he created to help learn mainResponder.

ftp://ftp2.designframe.com/tools/mainResponder.pdf

I found this to be very useful road map, and would like to offer some of my time creating other graphics if the group would find it valuable. James indicated that he does not have any time right now and I have an interest in graphic representation of software systems. Frontier as a whole would be very challenging to envision in its many incarnations, and I believe that tools like this would significantly flatten 'the curve.'

So, to spur your thinking...

Can you find any errors in this diagram? Does Userland have any 'napkin' sketches that would be worth scanning? (I have scanners, and it would be very interesting to hear how this diagram or others relates to the visions of the creators of Fronter...) Does anyone with Frontier experience have any insights into UML? Has anyone tried to diagram other parts of Frontier? Has anyone tired to diagram a new Frontier mR application?

Ken