Re: Trademarks and Licenses

Author:Jeremy Bowers
Posted:8/12/1999; 1:37:19 PM
Topic:Letter to Infoworld

A liscense to prevent people from linking from sites would probably not work very well, as a liscense must be agreed to. Putting a "you may not link to this site" in the Terms of Use would be difficult to use to stop people. I don't know if the company would have to prove whether or not you visited the site ("My friend told me about it.") to force you to remove it, but it seems an unlikely solution.

I think there needs to be a ruling protecting URLs to prevent us from linking. (Goodbye, web, nice knowing you.)