Re: Deep linking and financial institutions

Author:Jonathan Hendry
Posted:8/12/1999; 2:22:38 PM
Topic:LaSalle's policy re deep linking

I hope account information would not be exposed!

I was thinking more about proprietary research and analysis reports that a financial institution might post. Where I work the economists issue private reports every month or so; I assume most large banks are similar. A bank might make these reports, or excerpts from them, publically accessible.

Perhaps they might post something saying projecting such-and-such to rise in the third quarter. Hypothetically, the page might remain accessible long after it was accurate. Not only does the data get outdated, but the analytical models might change too. A year later, someone might follow a link to that information, and invest based on it, rather than the current information available elsewhere on the site.

- Jon