re: Walter Crosby's email

Author:Sidney Markowitz
Posted:8/13/1999; 12:35:17 PM
Topic:re: Walter Crosby's email

Dave -

I was about to point out elsewhere in the thread that you have in the past made a point of saying that email to you is on the record and for attribution. But first I ran a search to get the quote right. I looked for 'attribution email' and found that you have been very consistent in your wording. Here is one example from a DaveNet piece, Embrace and Extend.

Please be sure to indicate on any email you send me whether or not it's OK for me to post it. Otherwise, all replies are on the record, and for attribution

I would feel really screwed over if I had carefully followed the directive to be sure to indicate on any email you send me whether or not it's OK for me to post it only to find myself outed because of a new twist to the rule that says the indication has to be at the beginning and not at the end of the email.